Thank you for your question!
First, this has been a recurrent question, which I will answer now in a different way. Articles could be searched on the “search articles by keywords” button on this blog.
First, when you disclosed to be a “follower” of traditional history; I have some questions for you:
1) How man appeared on Earth?
2) How is it possible to find ancient cultures who have built “wonders” which cannot be accomplished by today’s standards of technology? ( Machu Picchu, pyramid of Giza, Nazca lines, to mention a few) in a historical “straight line view of time” were newer cultures less capable than older ones?
3) Why history hasn’t been able to come up with the name of the founder of Hinduism? It appears odd to me, since this is one of the oldest if not, the oldest religion in the world?
4) How come Christian Scientists (with a Ph.D after their names in the field of science) have “demonstrated” the issues with carbon dating, and they believe that the world is no older than 6000 years?
5) How is it possible for the “history of the world” to be represented under mostly anglo-saxon, European viewpoint?
6) What makes you believe that what you have learned through history is the “truth”? when in fact, history has been compiled by “viewpoints” of different individuals, and those viewpoints, are as biased as any one else’s.
Those are just a few questions.
Now, Baba’s gyan talks about time being cyclical and repetitive. This is not what Western science and history, preach.
I have written this article https://explore7.files.wordpress.com/2019/12/chickenegg.pdf which describes under the camouflage of answering another question: “who is first the chicken or the egg?,” the cycle of time. As you can see, this article has been understood because it does not “collide” with traditional Christian beliefs and “mainstream cultural” values, but merely uses the support of “science” driven by more Anglo-saxon Ph.Ds from the USA or the UK, with their latest theories. Also note, that this article has been selected as #1 out of 48. That is not a BK website, fyi.
Now, is getting information supported by PH.Ds from Harvard or “Ivy League” universities, the way to get the acceptance of “mainstream”?
Aren’t people able to think by themselves? 🙂
Cyclical time is logical and reasonable and support the laws of science. Linear time is neither logical nor reasonable and does not support the laws of science…
The logical evidence for a shorter amount of time for this cycle of time is given by our current population.
Please read this: http://bkgyan.com/2012/10/05/question-bks-say-that-all-four-yugs-combined-are-of-5000-years-then-in-which-yug-were-dinosaurs-i-am-really-curious-to-know/
That is why I feel that the cycle of time could be 5000 years. There is no way that man has existed for hundred of thousands of years in linear time, as “history” portrays. Plain logic. Plain reason.
Finally, you may want to read this article as well:
where the “mainstream beliefs” of science/history are discussed.
Now… make your own opinion.
As far as I am concerned, I have experienced “deja vues” (which is “proof” of cyclical time) I have experienced accurate readings from “fortune tellers,” (which is another proof of cyclical time) and as one of my experiences early on Baba’s gyan, I had understood the cycle of time through a vision. (http://bkgyan.com/experiences/#comment-968 ) – “Understanding the cycle of time.”
All of that is plenty of support for me. Plenty of evidence. You see?
Then, that makes easy to believe, if Baba mentions about a 5000 year cycle, for me to say: “It is possible.”